1. Jobs, it is said that approximately 1 in 10 jobs is directly linked to Britain’s membership of the EU.
2. 74% of British exporters operate in other EU markets.
3. Through agreements with the EU we have a cleaner environment as national governments have worked to improve the quality of Air, Rivers and Beaches.
The EU has brought in the discrimination acts against age, race and sexual orientation. This benefits Britain and also British citizens who live in another EU country.
Reasons For Leaving
1. The EU Commission has the monopoly of proposing all EU legislation, it also has the power to issue regulations which are binding in all member states.
2. European supporters claim that 3 million jobs depend on the EU but have not provided any evidence to support this claim.
3. Many Euro sceptics look to Norway as a country that trades with the EU without actually being in it. Norway also controls its own agriculture and their fishing fleet are not bound by EU quotas, thus keeping all they catch.
4. Britain would save a large amount of money, at present it is alleged that Britain pays the EU £55 million per day. Analysis by Full Fact estimates the figure to be closer to £24 million when rebates and other receipts are taken into account.
As I said at the Beginning of this blog I have not made a decision either way and I would not try to persuade anyone either way but I would like to hear your thoughts on this subject.
Once again may I thank you for taking the time to read this, have a great day wherever you are.