When was the last time you communicated with your partner verbally or wrote them a love letter expressing your love for them. In this day and age we seem to have forgotten how to do the simple things and with technology it is far easier to send a text message or an email and in some cases it’s easier to nod and grunt rather than have a meaningful conversation.
If were honest with ourselves our lives seem to have become busier and more often than not communication with our partners ceases. But when we forget to say three little words – I Love You – often enough our connection to one another begins to suffer, usually so slowly that we don’t even notice that we are drifting apart from each other.
The experts state that one important way of couples expressing their love for each other but is sadly overlooked in this fast paced society is the written word, and when they say written they mean with your hands a pen and paper – not tapped on that smart phone with the tips of your fingers.
I was clearing out my attic the other day and I found a box and stored in it were all the letters that both my wife and I had written to each other all those years ago when we were courting.
Below are a few “ I Love You” quotes to help you get started with the perfect love letter, so go on surprise yourself and more importantly your partner, you never know it may be the start of an epic journey.
- Sometimes I feel like my heart will burst with all of the longing and excitement I feel when I think of you.
- They say you only fall in love once, but that can’t be true… Every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.
- I love you to the moon and back.
- With you, forever won’t be too long.
- I never knew how joyous life could be, until I saw your face.
- If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
- If you need to hear why I love you, I can go on all night.
- Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person.
- I could search my whole life through and through and never find another you.
- When you feel alone, just look at the spaces between your fingers, and remember that’s where my fingers fit perfectly.